Why Elect Kevin?

This site contains information about why Kevin Rudden is running for the Mendon-Upton Regional School District Committee
in the May 15, 2012 election in Mendon.

Friday, April 27, 2012

What's Kevin's Background and Job Experience?

I grew up in Nutley, New Jersey (a suburb of Newark), and came to New England to attend college.

After graduating from Brown University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in "English and American Literature with Honors," I began working as a reporter for weekly and then twice-weekly newspapers in Rhode Island.

In 1979, I moved to Massachusetts to work for the Worcester Telegram & Gazette daily  newspapers and, in 1981, I was recruited by the former Data General corporation and began a 25-year career in high tech public relations and marketing. My last PR agency position was executive vice president of the former Miller/Shandwick Technologies.  My last corporate position was Director of Marketing for Duck Creek Technologies, a developer of software for the insurance industry.

In 2007, I became disabled due to the worsening of a heart condition that was was first diagnosed in 1979. Since then, I've worked part-time for Town Crier Publications, primarily for the Milford Town Crier newspaper.

I moved to Mendon in April, 1984 and have been active in town government since that year.  I have been elected to the Board of Selectmen, Board of Water Commissioners, Planning Board and as Town Moderator.  I've also served on the Conservation Commission and Land Use Committee. Over the years, I've written or co-written five successful grant applications for the town.

Currently, I'm a member of the Council on Aging's Transportation Advisory Committee, serve as the town's American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator, and as Finance Chairman for Community Partners for Health, the state Department of Public Health’s designated Community Health Network Area (CHNA) for the13 communities primarily served by the Milford Regional Medical Center.

I've also been an active volunteer with Pack 1 Cub Scouts and Troop 1 Boy Scouts, and co-founded Troop 44 in 2004. I am currently Troop 44's outings Coordinator and Eagle Scout Coach. I also serve as a District Committee member for the Tri River District of Knox Trail Council, BSA, and have taught at its Merit Badge College and Trail to Eagle week for many years.

I have three sons: Mike is a junior at Marist College, Tim is a freshman at Framingham State University, and Andrew is a junior at BVT. I also am the primary care-giver for my elderly parents, who live in a Shrewsbury retirement community.

No comments:

Post a Comment